COVID-19 PLANNING AT 42 WOLFSBURG
Our candidates and students are central to everything we do at 42. Your health and safety is paramount to us. Given the current Covid 19 pandemic, we are working hard on planning different scenarios that will ensure that the Piscine will take place - either fully or partially remote, depending on how the pandemic develops in the Wolfsburg region and the rest of Europe.
Note: The situation changes really quickly and we will adapt when necessary. Keep an eye on this page and FAQ and on our social media, where we will share new information! You can also sign up to our newsletter, so you won’t miss any critical updates - please sign up here.
Below you find a description of our plans as well as answers to frequently asked questions. If your question is not answered, please reach out to us via email@example.com.
Plan A - No lockdown
Our building is set up according to official guidance, allowing you to roam around safely. Specifically, this means that:
- Our facilities are set-up with walking routes to maintain distance.
- We have enough space to fit 150 students with the 1.5m distance. All computers, chairs and other facilities are already set-up respecting the 1.5 meter rule.
- Our cleaning team is cleaning around the clock: tables, chairs, doorknobs, buttons on the coffee machines and toilets are disinfected daily.
- We have a system in place to make sure that keyboards and mice are cleaned with every new person using it.
- In case you show any symptoms of Covid-19, we have a procedure in place to make sure that it gets handled in the safest possible way.
Plan B - Piscine during partial lockdown
In partial lockdown, we will deploy all infrastructure and practices developed in our core Plan A, but add the following aspects:
- Should some candidates find themselves in a location where they are not allowed to travel to our location or feel anxiety about traveling, or if we are not allowed to have 150 candidates in the building, we will offer a solution that allows half-remote/half-onsite shifts in the building.
- Also local authorities might limit the number of people that can gather in a single location. In this case we might also reduce the number of students who participate in the Piscine here at the Markthalle Wolfsburg.
We are working on a plan for you to interact, ask questions and be part of the learning community completely online. This plan will bring the 42 model online, 42 model online, including solutions to allow for social interactions and arrangements for the best online peer-to-peer experience for everyone. We will make sure that everyone has equal access to our amenities, whether you are remote or onsite! Some ideas of what we will organize: activities to get to know each other, daily check-in routines, learning activities, and social activities.
Plan C - Piscine during full lockdown
42 schools in various parts of the world are currently experimenting with brining the full piscine experience online. We are in close contact and will use their learnings to offer a solution in case we can not host you here in Wolfsburg.
Can I still apply to 42 Wolfsburg?
Yes, absolutely. 42 will go ahead online, hybrid or remote. Please apply here and try your best at the online test - it takes 2 hours and 10 minutes in total.
Are you still organizing introductions?
Of course! Online introductions are available to you at all times. In fact, we have two introductions available per month for which you can sign-up as soon as you win the online game.
For more info on 42 Wolfsburg please see the full FAQ.